Monday, September 15, 2008

That stupid FREAKIN' cable company...

Oh yeah, I totally forgot, but I need to get this off my chest. I don't want to sound totally negative about this experience so far, but I'm completely pissed and need to rant. So two weeks ago was the opening weekend of the NFL 2008 season. And my beloved Bears were playing on Sunday Night Football. AND we got the right cable channel! I could watch my Bears their first week in action, even though I moved to Mexico!

WRONG!!!

Hella-wrong. They postponed the game to show the end of a stupid freakin' soccer game that went into overtime (it ended 1-0; I wanted to cry), and then the bastards showed TENNIS!!! The cable guide even ADVERTISED American Football NFL, Colts vs. Bears! SUCK! Of course I can't watch the game, and of course I was too miserable with my bronchitis to even suggest going somewhere to try and watch the game, and so of course I missed a great Bears win over the Colts, plus a studly debut by our rookie running back. To add insult to injury, the Bears weren't on TV yesterday, but they lost to a crappy Carolina team, a game I could have gone to and been miserable at in person if we hadn't picked the ONE year the Bears were traveling to North Carolina to move out of the country. My wife owes me a Bears game. Preferably a win.

On a positive note: my in-laws get, would you believe it, the NFL Network!!! Sweet baby hallelujiah, now we're talkin'. I can watch replays from all the Sunday games like 24-7. It has got to be the worst excuse for a cable channel ever, but I totally LOVE IT!

Alright, gotta go. Until next time,

A Chicago Gringo in Mexico

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Make sure you catch some of those Green Bay highlights on NFL network. My new favorite number is #12 :)

chewie said...

I wonder if at this moment there's a mexican guy in Raleigh writing a blog to his friends in Mexico City that can be loosely translated as... "...and you won't believe it! It's the world cup of freakin' futball and these idiot gringos aren't showing it! Instead they're showing the 348th American football game this weekend! Then they went into politics! And then Reality TV!"